German Government helps Ben Tre build 137 bridges for rural areas

Mr Trinh Van Y, Chairman of the Ben Tre's Society of Science and Technology for Roads and Bridges, has said that on April 08, 2007, his Society had signed with the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development the contract of implementation for the project code-named VIE 115/5/12 (P2007.1531.8) to help construct bridges for Ben Tre province.

Under the signed contract, the MECD would help Ben Tre province to construct 137 bridges for its rural transportation program covering up to 103 communes in the province. The project is planned to be carried out in 2007 and 2008. The total cost for the project is estimated at 348,390 euro (or VND 7.455 billion). The MECD will finance 75% of the above cost, while the rest 25% will be covered by the W. P. Schmitz-Stiftung charitable oraganization.

Translated by An Chau

Written by: